API (application programming interface) is a set of readymade classes, functions, procedures, and structures that can be employed within third-party solutions. In particular, APIs are used to interconnect the performance of multiple apps in a centralized system.
This is a highly efficient solution that brings benefits all-around – to logistics developers, end system users, and clients on the other side of the system. But let’s have a bit more detailed look at APIs in the aspect of software for planning and implementing supply chain logistics.
How API Optimize Your Supply Chain
It’s hard to overestimate the use available supply chain APIs can potentially bring. Software developments in this niche are pretty complex as they are and customizing their separate parts would be too cumbersome. In turn, different APIs can be employed separately and connected from the outside, accelerating and facilitating the process of developing supply chain solutions, and even decreasing the number of bugs.
List of Top Logistics API for Supply Chain Software
We decided not to go far and provide a brief overview through the 20 top logistics APIs for supply chain to serve you greatly in this business niche.
- Taulia API. Taulia is an integratable service for the optimization of routes. With its help, you can get all the necessary supply data along with the corresponding documentation.
- Lokad API. One of the best logistic API options out there, it can assist you a lot in predicting personnel performance spikes and business sales fluctuations. Employ it to enhance the level of service quality and boost profits in the shortest of terms.
- Seametrix API. If you need to optimize sea routes for new destination points, Seametrix API will come in more than handy. Its primary purpose is to help plan sea shipments. It grants you access to centralized storage of data on ports, terminals, and, most importantly, danger zone shortcuts.
- Ion Channel API. This here piece of software is positioned as a revolutionary blockchain-based solution for the supply routes planning. And it doesn’t fail to meet the high praise with top performance and diverse functionality.
- Flexport API. Do you need assistance in planning air, sea or ground shipment routes? This here API will be your trusty helper. It provides a convenient monitoring panel to help you track shipments in real time.
- Tive API. Tive REST API lets you access the worldwide coverage of points and routes for you to precisely track shipments. The technology of this API is very energy-efficient one, by the way.
- FreightCenter API. This API forms a database on product shipments, transportation, involved costs, etc. All that in a constantly updated, online mode.
- Shipwallet API. A solution by Swedish developers that provides the end-to-end connection between vendors, suppliers, and end buyers. Here you can define optimal product shipment routes that would save you time, gas, and perishable products.
- Mycroft Assistant Integration API. This solution conducts a data analysis related to sales and launched supply chains. With its help, you can boost the productivity of all your business departments at once.
- Labelary API. This API can help you create stickers for shipments and separate products, which are made from a converted printed text in either PNG or PDF format.
- Venzee Mesh API. Venzee API is a fully-featured solution for storage resources management. Use it to optimize the storage space load and distribute loads by corresponding vehicles in a smart way.
- DNA Freight API. This here API can take up responsibility for all operations related to tracking your shipments in real time. A great and efficient tool to help you minimize expenses caused by the inefficient distribution of products by routes.
- Omnitracs Scheduler API. REST API Omnitracs is a perfect solution for transportation logistics, which provides a full set of tools for composing transfer routes and planning optimal locations for sales outlets.
- Lufthansa Partner API. This API for supply chain will be your assistant in flexible planning and tracking air shipments implemented by the self-titled German airline company. Choose from a range of shipment price options and monitor the progress of your deliveries.
- Royal Mail Shipping API. Yet another title among some of the best API for supply chain that provides the integration with Royal Mail – Great Britain’s major delivery service. It will help you track and manage product shipments.
- hyScore API. An impeccable piece of software for monitoring in oil-producing companies that export oil. From the boring stage to raw material supplies, you can manage and control each step of the way.
- Targomo API. This solution will help you plan routes in a highly efficient manner thanks to the constant update of geolocation data in the JSON format. This tool can also assist you in forming statistical reports.
- Keep Truckin API. This is a prominent logistic API for supply chain to help you handle a car park. In particular, it lets you manage the info related to the current location of vehicles, analytical data, drivers’ performance level data, etc.
- TradeLens API. And this here is one of the best API for supply chain that is based on blockchain and will provide you with the info on the timely location of shipments and their characteristics (temperature, transit passages, etc).
- LogiNext API. This REST API collects data on transportation vehicles, drivers, transit points, endpoints, products, and many other things necessary to track for detailed shipments monitoring.
Benefits of API Connectivity & Their Usage
The most important benefit of using API in a company is the fact that third-party platforms’ functionality allows saving costs on developing and maintaining the supply chain software. That is because you get your in-house workflow processes optimized and your consumer audience’s behavior under control.
Moreover, any segment of the logistics industry has a strict need in the means of information exchange that would be utterly fast and not centered around a single channel. APIs can greatly help here, especially, the businesses that work directly with customers.
The API for supply chain also brings advantages during the work with analytical data for supply chain logistics. Collection of data from both distributed sources and third-party devices allows making a significant step towards enhancing customer service and increasing the preciseness of routing calculations. Last but not least, the integration of supply chain software with social networks can help you enhance and manage business reputation as well.
Without some of the top logistics APIs for supply chain involved with your in-house business workflow, any solutions and processes will perform slower and consume more resources. In turn, using APIs solved two major issues in one shot, providing developers with an ability to focus on the main functionality of a supply chain logistics app.
If you need or are interested in the creation of customized supply chain solutions of top quality, let’s make your concept a reality – we are ready to take on a task of any sort and complexity.