Logistics API (application programming interface) is a set of readymade classes, functions, procedures, and structures that can be employed within third-party solutions. In particular, APIs are used to interconnect the performance of multiple apps in a centralized system.
This highly efficient solution brings benefits to logistics developers, end system users, and clients on the other side of the system. But let’s have a bit more detailed look at APIs in the aspect of software for planning and implementing supply chain logistics.
How API Optimizes Your Supply Chain
It’s hard to overestimate the use available supply chain API can potentially bring. Software developments in this niche are complex, and customizing their separate parts would be too cumbersome. Different APIs can be employed separately and connected from the outside, accelerating and facilitating the process of developing supply chain solutions and even decreasing the number of bugs.
List of Top Logistics APIs for Supply Chain Software
We decided not to go far and provide a brief overview of the 20 top logistics APIs for supply chain to serve you greatly in this business niche.
- Taulia API. Taulia is an integrative service for the optimization of routes. With its help, you can get all the necessary supply data and the corresponding documentation.
- Lokad API. One of the best logistics API options out there, it can assist you a lot in predicting personnel performance spikes and business sales fluctuations. Employ it to enhance service quality and boost profits in the shortest of terms.
- Seametrix API. If you need to optimize sea routes for new destination points, Seametrix API will be more than handy. Its primary purpose is to help plan sea shipments. It grants you access to centralized data storage on ports, terminals, and, most importantly, danger zone shortcuts.
- Ion Channel API. This here piece of software is positioned as a revolutionary blockchain-based solution for supply route planning. And it doesn’t fail to meet high praise with top performance and diverse functionality.
- Flexport API. Do you need assistance in planning air, sea, or ground shipment routes? This here API will be your trusty helper. It provides a convenient monitoring panel to help you track shipments in real-time.
- Tive API. Tive REST API lets you access the worldwide coverage of points and routes to track shipments precisely. The technology of this API is a very energy-efficient one, by the way.
- FreightCenter API. This API forms a database on product shipments, transportation, involved costs, etc. All that in a constantly updated, online mode.
- Shipwallet API. A solution by Swedish developers that provides the end-to-end connection between vendors, suppliers, and end buyers. Here you can define optimal product shipment routes that save you time, gas, and perishable products.
- Google Maps API: Google’s API provides essential data for tracking routes, estimating travel times, and understanding traffic conditions.
- Labelary API. This API can help you create stickers for shipments and separate products from the converted printed text in either PNG or PDF format.
- Shippo API: Shippo offers various services that cater to the needs of businesses and individuals alike. These services include the generation of shipping labels, package tracking, and comparing shipping rates from various carriers.
- FourKites API. FourKites is a highly efficient tool that offers shippers and logistics companies instant visibility and predictive analytics. It enables users to access real-time information about their shipments, thus allowing them to make informed decisions and take timely actions.
- Omnitracs Scheduler API. REST API Omnitracs is a perfect solution for transportation logistics, which provides a full set of tools for composing transfer routes and planning optimal locations for sales outlets.
- Lufthansa Partner API. This API for the supply chain will be your assistant in flexible planning and tracking air shipments implemented by the self-titled German airline company. Choose from a range of shipment price options and monitor the progress of your deliveries.
- Royal Mail Shipping API. Yet another title among some of the best APIs for a supply chain that provides integration with Royal Mail – Great Britain’s major delivery service. It will help you track and manage product shipments.
- ShipEngine API. With logistics API from ShipEngine, you can easily compare shipping rates, generate shipping labels, track your packages, and validate delivery addresses. This all-in-one platform streamlines the shipping process and saves you valuable time and money.
- Targomo API. This solution will help you plan routes highly efficiently, thanks to the constant update of geolocation data in the JSON format. This tool can also assist you in forming statistical reports.
- Keep Truckin API. This is a prominent logistics API for a supply chain to help you handle a car park. In particular, it lets you manage the info related to the current location of vehicles, analytical data, drivers’ performance level data, etc.
- Freightos API: Freightos provides a platform for comparing, booking, managing, and tracking international freight shipments.
- LogiNext API. This REST API collects data on vehicles, drivers, transit points, endpoints, products, and many other things necessary to track for detailed shipment monitoring.
Benefits of logistics API Connectivity & Their Usage
The most important benefit of using API in a company is that third-party platforms’ functionality saves costs on developing and maintaining the supply chain software. That is because you get your in-house workflow processes optimized and your consumer audience’s behavior under control.
Moreover, any logistics industry segment has a strict need for a means of information exchange that would be utterly fast and not centered around a single channel. APIs can greatly help here, especially the businesses that work directly with customers.
The API for supply chain also brings advantages during the work with analytical data for supply chain logistics. The collection of data from both distributed sources and third-party devices allows making a significant step towards enhancing customer service and increasing the preciseness of routing calculations. Last but not least, integrating supply chain software with social networks can also help you enhance and manage your business reputation.
Without some of the top logistics APIs for the supply chain involved with your in-house business workflow, any solutions and processes will perform slower and consume more resources. In turn, using APIs solved two major issues in one shot, allowing developers to focus on the main functionality of a supply chain logistics app.
If you need or are interested in creating customized supply chain solutions of top quality, let’s make your concept a reality – we are ready to take on a task of any sort and complexity.