Do you need to optimize your transportation business? Look this article about using technologies in your transportation business.
Dealing with the Logistics Transportation Optimization
Efficiency, optimization, speed, and timing have always been crucial in any business, especially when it comes to logistics and transportation, no matter whether it concerns distributors, end customers, transportation firms, retailers or any part of a supply chain. Without doubts, modern-day manufacturing, and retail transformations, technology disruptions and digitalization of data made modern logistics providers more flexible, fast, and reliable. As a result, we’ve seen an evident growth of management system services and happy customers in the logistics industry.
Nevertheless, there are still numerous challenges the owners of the supply chain and transportation companies and the people dealing with the logistics industry, in general, have to deal with in terms of digitalization. Just to name a few pitfalls in embracing digitization and re-engineering of a company’s supply stream:
- A lack of robust preparation and exact understanding of what is needed to make multiple systems properly work together. It’s crucial to know how to properly integrate solutions and systems into one transportation and logistics management system.
- A lack of understanding of how to achieve the best technological security possible and a lack of resources required.
- The necessity to build a pragmatic and executable vision of the right digital supply chain strategy.
- Insufficient integration of transport networks, information technology, and warehousing & distribution facilities.
- A lack of trustworthy and trained workforce. Essentially, today the logistics sphere lacks in digital culture and training of employees for efficient and controlled functions.
Basically, there are lots of other risks associated with overhauling the supply pipelines to conform to a digital platform. With this in mind, is there a way out? Let’s try to figure that out.
Transportation and supply chain industries digitization challenges
A decent transportation and logistics management system can help companies dealing with the transportation and supply chain industries solve many of the business challenges they face on a regular basis:
- For instance, a good management system can optimize operational relationships between services and end consumers.
- What’s more, it can solidly soften the impact of the driver shortage by giving a number of alternative, innovative and more efficient and cost-effective ways of finding the required capacity beyond a shipper’s core carrier base, in particular, broadcast tenders, digital freight matching, spot bidding, and, of course, auctions.
- Moreover, it’s also possible to leverage management CRM’s strategic modeling capabilities to spark the impact of these industry changes and test the solutions.
However, investing in digital transformation doesn’t come cheap. Businesses need to ensure those investments pay off and the real value is being delivered. That’s why setting the right KPIs is of utmost importance.
Key performance indicators (KPIs) and prerequisites
When you examine transportation metrics KPIs, they should cover the following three performance indicators:
- Percentage of faulty products delivered.
- Percentage of issues caused during each step in the process.
- Percentage of correctly delivered orders.
Once evaluated, such reports can provide greater insight into the day-to-day and long-term operations of the business. But that is not all when it comes to logistics and supply management systems evaluation. Advanced analytics and predictive analytics capabilities used in route planning, demand forecasting, and other industry-related affairs are the other important risk management issues to keep in mind. Such features as GPS tracking, real-time surveillance, real-time temperature feed can be integrated with your existing customer service software, enhancing the product’s quality in your customer’s eyes.
One critical aspect to remember for business owners and top managers – Employee motivation is directly related to a company’s competitiveness.
Needless to add, since every transportation and logistics technology solution product is unique, even when belonging to one subcategory of the logistics industry, you can hardly find an all-in-one solution fitting to all logistics businesses. The best way is to have your supply chain management software custom-made from scratch. Wondering why?
Consider the following benefits of a custom-made transportation management service:
- All features implemented according to your ultimate needs
- Flexible and personalized services
- Automation of warehouse management, shipping, and distribution, and administrative support deployed simultaneously.
- Secure and snap online sharing, digitized internal and customer documentation with the automatic backups and document archiving, automating processes and forms.
To put it simpler, with a good supply chain management software product, your business has all chances to:
- Improve the quality of your process and productivity, diminishing mistakes
- Optimize costs, eliminating major daily tactical execution activities
- Make more informed and strategic decisions, therefore raising the company’s benefits
- Meet your customer expectations, improving the customer experience as a whole
- Have a real-time view of our business, being able to predict possible issues as soon as possible.
Therefore, custom-made management solutions deliver a more strategic approach to your ultimate project’s transportation requirements, letting you boost all business operations and take advantage of the opportunities made available by the new digital age. One of such transportation market solutions Artelogic has developed is Cloud Vanlines. It’s a web-based service for managing household moves. We can develop a similar product for your business as well.
When there is a strong demand in collaboration improvement, connectivity, and real-time visibility with service providers, opt to a strong logistics operations management solution vendor, which can improve the level of your customer satisfaction, bringing more value to the brand in general. By implementing a full-featured transportation and logistics management system, shippers can improve compliance, cut down expenses, and find the alternative capacity when needed. However, before investing in a powerful transportation management system, ensuring that your company is performing at an optimal level regardless of the challenges that come is of vital importance. So, make sure you take into consideration the main key performance indicators that were described above.
One more important thing to mention: reinventing and digitizing all of your most essential business processes in a powerful management solution made easy with Artelogic because we have the needed resources and the know-how. It’s high time you optimized your transportation business, leaving your competitors in the rear view mirror! Artelogic will help you to achieve this.