The Jack Cooper brand is well-known as one of the most powerful US industry providers of the full spectrum of services within finished vehicles. Its offerings are very wide and applicable to a lot of aspects of automotive industry. Vehicle Inspection is the service, our team was proud to contribute to.
Vehicle Conditions Reports are very valuable for cars remarketing processes. It helps buyers and sellers to make their decision based on consistent, detailed, and accurate information produced by Jack Cooper.
Jack Cooper has managed inventory and inspections on well over 9 million vehicles for many OEMs, car rental companies, lending institutions, dealerships, and auctions. Among its clients there are Ford and General Motors.
Providing an exceptional service in Electronic Vehicle Condition Reports Jack Cooper reached a point where the established methods and approaches were no longer able to serve the business well. A company faced with a challenge. They would probably be in for it sooner or later without updating a system. The technical difficulties were connected with adding new clients into their operation databases and then serving them. This process could last up to 2 years. The challenge was about a processing all the data while inspecting a car. Since each new car brand has its specific requirements and key figures, the system was at risk to become unmanageable. At the same time, one more peculiarity refers to the specific of car inspection. Specialists, performing it, need mobility and accessibility to do their work in the field.
Our team has in focus a task to streamline all operational and work processes within one system, which has to be flexible, synchronic and mobile.
We have started the project with a project kick-off to define everything that was needed before the first sprint started. The development for a Jack Cooper project was based on the strong analysis of business needs and internal operations. So our aim was to deliver a solution that would make it possible to provide speedy and qualitive services in the field of vehicle inspection. Flexibility was needed to adjust the system for the specific client's requirements, such as adding new car characteristic for a new customer, etc. It has to be mobile in order to allow inspectors to do their work in fields.
Synchronization has to be achieved in several directions:
- Synchronization between mobile application & a server. So wizard could be updated according to the latest edits.
- Synchronization of a database of a car related information with a system in a case of its renewal;
- Interconnection between wizard and a car VIN code. So the system could load only related information to the particular car model.
As an outcome, the developed software product consists of the following functional parts:
- An admin control panel for system adjustments;
- A staff control panel for assigning inspectors to inspections, inspections review;
- A customer profile, which is used for vehicles inspection overview and export of results;
- A provider profile, which partially duplicates a mobile solution and is used for viewing assigned inspections, doing inspections via web interface;
- Mobile solutions for iOS and Android for inspectors in the field. It allows inspectors to add arrival records, review assigned inspection, perform inspection, take vehicle photos, push data to a server. In the background mobile app syncs data from server, meaning update order statuses, vehicle-related information (parts, damage types, etc);
- Web services. It includes a mobile application web service for data synchronization between a server and mobile solution and a web service to synchronize data between the new and old solutions. Hence we have obtained a flexibility in customizing a mobile wizard. This means that the system administrator can dynamically form a list of fields / questions which have to be filled in, etc.
a look inside the project
As a result, we have achieved a fully synchronized system allowing Jack Cooper to manage the car inspection in a seamless and smart manner.
our clients say
These guys took a large project from proposal to completion with professionalism, expertise, and efficiency in a highly cost-effective manner. I highly recommend Artelogic to anyone needing quality website design/programming. Communication was meaningful and frequent, suggesting alternatives and improvements, as appropriate, to ensure project goals were met timely and delivering the best possible end-user experience with the product. I can't say enough good things about these guys. I was extremely impressed with their professionalism, knowledge-base, and efficiency. I will absolutely be using these guys for all future web-based project for my business.
I do business with Artelogic team since 2009. We have developed multiple enterprise systems for various verticals. Some of those we sold for over million dollars. I do recommend Artelogic to anyone out there who is looking for a team who could be trusted with complexity and quality.
I have been working with the team at Artelogic for over 3 years now and can only say that they are the most professional, capable, reliable and friendly providers I have ever worked with, and I have worked with a lot. Thanks guys, here's to many more years of collaboration and success! Highest recommendation all round.
Simply an amazing team. I was so impressed by their promptness, professional attitude, expertise, compassion and strict adherence to deadlines. Suffice it to say that I transferred the whole project to them and could not have been more satisfied. A gem of a team!!
The main thing for working with me is I’m pretty intense on the communication side of things. They had a flexibility and willingness to adapt their processes to match my requirements both on communication and the development processes. I never had a problem with any of their code from a code quality perspective. They clearly do a good job internally with code quality assurance as well. We had very minimal issues during user acceptance testing. We never had a quality issue with them. Most importantly they took personal ownership of any problems which arose, including resolution of issues off hours or over weekends in order to mediate any issues that did happen.
Artelogic has been brilliant in the service delivery. I truly enjoyed the working experience. Many times, they were able to fix the issues with utmost professionalism and reliable speed. The communication on the specific work scope was great as they are able to value add by offering practical solutions or prompt to think about areas which are of blind sight. I would definitely recommend them for any projects in the future.